Indianapolis Kings Baseball Club Statement of Faith
While it is not possible to include every doctrine, the principles below are the foundation of the Indianapolis Kings Baseball Club that bind us together in Christian accord.
1. We believe the sixty-six books of the old and new testament of the Bible to be the only written, verbally inspired, infallible, authoritative inerrant word of God (II Timothy 3:16; II Peter 1:21).
2. We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons; father, son, and Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:1; John 10:30, 10:37-38).
3. We believe in the death of our Lord Jesus Christ, his virgin birth, his sinless life, his miracles, his substitutionary atonement on the cross, his bodily resurrection, his personal bodily return to earth, and that he is the only savior for all mankind (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23; Luke 1:35; Hebrews 4:15, 7:25, 9:12; John 2:11, 11:25; Acts 1:11; Colossians 1:14; Revelation 19:11-16).
4. We believe that man is sinful by nature and that regeneration by the Holy Spirit is a part of his salvation (Romans 3:19, 23; John 3:16-17, 5:24; Ephesians 2:8-9, Titus 3:5-6).
5. We believe in the continuing ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life (Ephesians 4:30, 5:18; I Corinthians 3:16, 6:19-20).
6. We believe in the bodily resurrection of both the saved and the lost, they who are saved unto eternal life and they who are lost unto eternal damnation (John 5:28-29).
7. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 8:9; I Corinthians 12:12-13; Galatians 3:26).
8. We believe in the creation of man by the direct act of God (Genesis 1:26-28, 5:1-2).
9. We believe in God-ordained authority in which the parents have the primary authority over children and that we are subject to the state when it is acting under its godly jurisdiction (Deuteronomy 6:4-9; Psalms 127:3-5; Romans 13:1-4).
10. We believe that sinners are saved by grace through faith apart from any meritorious works whatsoever (Ephesians 2:8-9).
11. We believe that marriage is the holy union of a man and a woman for the purposes of representing the relationship between Christ and his church, for bringing children into the world, and for complementing one another. We believe that God creates each person as either male or female. One’s biological sex is a gift from God and is immutable. The two distinct, complementary sexes together reflect the image and nature of God. Rejection of one’s biological sex is a rejection of the image of God within that person (Ephesians 5:25-32; Malachi 2:15-16; Genesis 2:20-24).
12. Board members, coaches, and leaders of the IKBC have placed faith in Jesus Christ for their personal salvation (Romans 10:17; John 3:16).